Can the Power of Profit Solve Hunger, Poverty, War, Violence, And Catastrophic Climate Change?
Guilt, Shame, and Regulation Create Defensiveness and Disempowerment, But We Want SOLUTIONS—So Let’s Try Enlightened Self-Interest to Make Change, For a Change!
Imagine your business making a big impact solving problems like hunger, poverty, war, violence, and catastrophic climate change while making a healthy profit. Imagine creating a climate where your former attackers become your allies in crafting change. Guess what: you don’t have to just imagine; you can make it real.
Forget all those negative voices nattering at you because you have the audacity to run a profitable business. Forget all those doom-and-gloomers who yell and shriek that the world will end on Thursday if you don’t drop what you’re doing and put all your energy into the latest crisis. Because you can make a difference…on your own terms.
Guerrilla Marketing to Heal the World shows dozens of practical examples of successful companies doing well by doing good—from solopreneurs to Fortune 100 global corporations. You’ll discover dozens of ways business can heal the world—and gain the practical marketing savvy to turn your values into business success. Learn how to…
- Create projects (and products) that accomplish social change, profitability, and cost reduction all at once
- Green your company in ways that save money and make money
- Gain enormous positive reputation as a visionary company worth supporting: your own employees recruit new qualified hires, while your customers turn into fans, and then even become your unpaid sales force
- Expand successfully into totally new markets through strategic thinking, powerful partnerships, and commitment to core principles
- Turn marketing from a cost to a revenue stream
- Embrace abundance and transformation—and stop worrying about market share
The examples include not just well-known socially conscious companies like Ben & Jerry’s and Patagonia, but also wildly successful corporate giants who are also profiting by doing good in the world, including General Electric, Toyota, Unilever, Marks and Spencer, and many others.
You’ll meet “practical visionaries” like:
- Darin Kingston of d.light, whose profitable solar-powered LED lanterns simultaneously address poverty, education, air pollution/toxic fumes/health risks, energy savings, carbon footprint, and more
- Janine Benyus, who finds models in the natural world for everything from extracting water from fog (as a desert beetle does) to construction materials (spider silk) to designing flood-resistant buildings by studying anthills in India’s monsoon climate
- Dean Cycon, whose coffee company has not only exclusively sold organic fairly traded gourmet coffee and cocoa beans since its founding in 1993, but has funded dozens of village-led community development projects in the lands where he sources his beans
- John Kremer, whose concept of exponential growth through “biological marketing,” just as a single kernel of corn grows into a plant bearing thousands of new kernels, could completely change your business strategy
- Amory Lovins of the Rocky Mountain Institute, who built a near-net-zero-energy luxury home back in 1983, and has developed a scientific, economically viable plan to get the entire economy off oil, coal, and nuclear and onto renewables—while keeping and even improving our high standard of living
The book also includes extended success stories from Cynthia Kersey, author of Unstoppable and Unstoppable Women (on starting a movement around children’s education in Africa)…Frances Moore Lappé, author of Diet for a Small Planet and many other books (on the interrelated causes of food and democracy), Ken McArthur, author of The Impact Factor (on the tremendous impact each of us can have on fixing the world), and Internet marketer Yanik Silver (outlining 11 different profitable ways that business can impact those larger causes).
Click here to read what Jack Canfield, Seth Godin, BNI founder Dr. Ivan Misner, Chris Brogan, Jacquelyn Ottman (The New Rules of Green Marketing), Joel Makower (Executive Editor of GreenBiz.com), Michael Port (Think Big Revolution), Alicia Bay Laurel (Living on the Earth) and other business and environmental experts say about this remarkable book.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Jay Conrad Levinson created the Guerrilla Marketing brand in 1984, after an advertising career including such iconic campaigns as the Energizer Bunny, United’s Friendly Skies, and even the Marlboro Man. His 60+ books have sold more than 20 million copies. Jay died in 2013 and this is one of his last books.
Shel Horowitz, profitability consultant and copywriter for green and social change businesses, braids together 40+ years in both marketing and environmental activism. The founder of Save the Mountain and Business For a Better World, he’s spoken at TEDx, ForumDavos, and many environmental/social change events. Guerrilla Marketing to Heal the World is his 10th book. Several of his previous books, from the 1993 classic Marketing Without Megabucks to his groundbreaking previous collaboration with Jay, Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green (a category bestseller for 34 months), have won awards and/or been translated and republished in other languages.
Your Next Step?
Release date is April 19, 2016, and booksellers are already taking preorders. Get a personalized, inscribed, autographed and copy directly from primary author Shel Horowitz. Order from your favorite independent bookstore, using ISBN 978-1630476588 (we LOVE indies). Or click the appropriate button to order your copy from IndieBound, Powell’s, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Books-A-Milli0on, or Chapters/Indigo. (Note: In keeping with the theme of the book, the Amazon link goes to Amazon’s Smile page for the book. The Smile program allows you to designate a charity to receive a small piece of your Amazon purchases.)
Arrange for discounted bulk purchase to provide copies to your sales and marketing team, your sustainability experts, your clients and patrons…without or without a custom cover that uses your own logo and brand
Discuss with Shel how he can help you incorporate profitable social change into your business core AND your product/service mix, green your business, and gain the most marketing benefit
Have Shel deliver one of his upbeat and interactive presentations on successful green/social change business and/or train your staff